Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

the_immaculatedeception Sunday Night Dance Party: Las Drugas



"Drugs have taught an entire generation 
of American kids the metric system."
-P.J. O'Rourke


Quit selling me fake opium! by Miqual Corley (2001)
typewriter text / pastels / on a torn envelope

Factums - Take Drugs (2007)
Ok, thanks for the suggestion. You don't have to tell me twice. Everybody's doing it. Your friends, your family, your pastor, Steve Jobs , even Tug McGraw... You gotta believe!!


"I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf." 
 ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or AstroTurf, April 1974



Vicious Visions - Drugs (1983)
Swedish punk rock from the 1980's. The lead singer's name was Mr. Boo. You'd have to be on drugs to live under that...and think it sounded remotely punk. That being said, the dude from Roxette hails from the same city as him. Sounds like a good advertisement for drugs for me.

Mommy Give Me Cortisone by Miqual Corley (2004)
6" x 19": beer bottle / vintage photograph / magazine tear out / 
plastic letter / pastels on wood panel



"Ten Little Indians" anti-drug PSA (1972)
Contrary to the message, this video instead makes me want  to move to the big city and hang out with some hep cats. Damn...even the anti-drug films in the 70's were better.  I sure do feel like I missed out on the good ol' days of the 70's when sex was safe and cocaine wasn't addictive.  


Drugs by Miqual Corley  (1997)



AKA - City Drugs (1981)
I live in the City... my drugs are locally sourced, free-range, hormone-free, vegan, non-gluten, non-GMO from a worker owned farm sold out of a mobile food truck with Twitter updates on location....unlike that Walmart Meth you're rockin.


"I used to have a drug problem…..now 
I make enough money"-David Lee Roth


Black Heart Processsion - Drugs (2009)
Goodnight... I tried

No comments:

Post a Comment